Thursday, March 3, 2011

Too Late for the Planet?

I get comments from people all the time that basically imply that any education/activism Im doing is fruitless as it is too late. Too late for the planet, too late for our society, and too late in inspiring action.

Although I admit no one really knows what the impacts of our actions will be in the future (even those scientists that tell you they do - they're making educated guesses), I am convinced that we should at the very least try.

Let's put it this way - you put a scrumptious pizza outside to cool down. You get distracted and end up leaving it out there for an hour. Do you sit inside eating rice crackers because you figure it's too late (an animal might have eaten it) or do you take the initiative to go outside and check?

Personally I would check on my pizza, rice crackers are not that tasty. It sucks that I got distracted but maybe I can still enjoy that cheesy, veggie, doughy goodness. (Pizza = planet, I love metaphors, what can I say)

Much Love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More

Followers